ETS, College Bound & SHAPE
College Access Programs - ETS, College Bound & SHAPE
Educational Talent Search (ETS)
Educational Talent Search (ETS) is a free, federally funded program housed at California State University, Long Beach. The ETS program has been helping low-income and potential first-generation students successfully graduate from secondary school and enroll in post-secondary education since 1977.
NOTE: In light of the concerns around Covid-19, all ETS program personal will work remotely until further notice. All ETS students will be contacted via Remind and email to continue providing services. The College Advisor Mentors will inform students as to their availability on a monthly basis.
- Academic Advising
- Postsecondary Exploration
- Postsecondary Application Assistance
- Financial Aid and Scholarship Advising
- Financial Aid Application Assistance
- College Entrance Examination Information and Registration Assistance
- Career Awareness and Planning
- Connections to Tutorial Services
- Virtual College Campus Tours and Visits
Contact Person and Info:
- Evelyn Ochoa and Cecilia Pho, College Advisor Mentors email@example.com
- Ceinna Bush, South Bay Program Specialist firstname.lastname@example.org
- Diana Vallejo, Program Coordinator email@example.com
How to join ETS:
ETS is currently recruiting students from all grade levels. Students who are interested in joining ETS and would like to claim their spot in the ETS program can submit a request to firstname.lastname@example.org or through the "Contact" link at csulb.edu/ets to obtain an application for program consideration.
SHAPE - Students Heightening Academic Performance through Education
SHAPE aims to increase access of underrepresented students in higher education through student empowerment and holistic development. Through SHAPE's components, our students not only emerge academically successful, they are also equipped with a heightened consciousness and the advocacy skills necessary to become agents of change in their communities.
NOTE: For Fall 2020, Narbonne students can earn their Service Learning Hours by attending 3 of SHAPE workshops!
- Weekly workshops (skill building, wellness, social issues)
- Weekly tutoring
- Virtual career/college panels
- College application support
- Mentoring (goal setting, college planning)
-Pre/Post COVID: college field trips, student conferences, Black College Expo
Contact Person and Info:
Rhamia Hall, Narbonne Site Coordinator email@example.com
How to join SHAPE:
Narbonne students can join the SHAPE at any point throughout the school year. Students interested in joining SHAPE or want to learn more about the program can email Rhamia Hall at firstname.lastname@example.org.
NOTE: Student and their parent or guardian need to complete and sign the online SHAPE Intake Form