About the Library
The mission of the Edna Marinella Library is to support the development of students becoming contributing members of a diverse society by collaborating with teachers to implement the rigorous curriculum, by teaching information and digital literacy, and by promoting the cultural interests of students in a welcoming environment.
The Edna Marinella Library features a growing collection of fiction, nonfiction and graphic novel titles. Please adhere to the library policy to keep books accessible to everyone in the Narbonne learning community.
- The maximum number of books that you may have checked out at one time is three.
- Books are due in two weeks.
- ID cards are used to check out books. You will need to provide additional information to verify your identity if you do not have a library card.
- Never check out a book for someone else.
- If you have overdue books, you will not be able to check out additional books until the overdue books are returned.
- Return your books to the circulation counter to ensure proper check-in.
- Late fines are not charged. However, a book that is checked out for 30 school days will convert into a lost book fine if the book isn't renewed or returned.
- Lost books will be charged the cost of the book.
- Examine your book for damage before checking it out. Point out any problems to the teacher librarian.
- Books that are returned torn, written in, or with water damage will be charged a $5.00 fine. You will not be able to check out additional books until the fine is paid.
- Use a bookmark; do not fold pages to mark your place.
- Present your library pass and complete the student sign-in log upon entering the library during instructional time. Remember to get your pass signed by the teacher librarian before returning to class.
- Please be respectful to other students who are reading and working on assignments by not being loud and disruptive.
- Be mindful that the library is a shared space. Remember to clean up behind yourself.
- Photography or video recording is not allowed in the library unless it is for a school-related project.
Closed due to Safer at Home Order